This time we're gonna do things a little differently! This is gonna be all listening exercises. Check them out and try to follow the forms. Not all of them are going to be AABA! You can start by listening to the lyrics: Those'll usually give you a good indication of where the sections are. After that, try following the melodies and, if you can, the harmony. You can even look up charts for them, although be careful, the chords and melodies in any given performance are going to vary from the "official" ones, often quite a bit! Also, check out the intros and outros for these versions: We talked a lot about the form itself, but how you get into and out of it is really important too!
1) Love Me Or Leave Me, performed by Sammy Davis Jr.
2) Old Country, performed by Dianne Reeves
3) Benny's From Heaven, performed by Eddie Jefferson
4) A Day In The Life Of A Fool (Black Orpheus), performed by Frank Sinatra
5) Lullaby of Birdland, performed by Sarah Vaughan
And that's it! We'll see you next week!